Many people enjoy fried chicken because it is delicious. For most people the only way they can get some good fried chicken is when they go to the take away restaurant. But what if you could make your own using your own twist to an old favourite?
Here is a great way to make your own fried chicken.
- Clean the chicken pieces then wash them and put it aside.
- Place a pan with cooking oil on the stove and start to heat the cooking oil.
- Get two shallow bowls that you will use to dip the chicken pieces in.
- In the one bowl prepare a dry mixture of flour, salt, ground pepper, chilli flakes and your favourite spice like paprika or peri peri.
- In the second bowl prepare the wet mixture. This will be about 3 to 6 eggs (the number of eggs will depend on how much chicken you’re making) and about a half a cup of milk or less. Beat the milk and egg mixture.
- Take a chicken piece and dip it into the dry mixture first. Cover the piece completely.
- Then take the flour covered chicken piece and dip it into the wet mixture. You may need to do this about 2 or 3 times to cover the piece completely with the milk and egg mixture.
- The pan with the cooking oil should be heated by now.
- Place a few pieces of the coated chicken into the cooking oil . Do this slowly so that you don’t have any splashing oil.
- After a few minutes turn the chicken pieces around to fry the other side. Make sure that when you turn it over that the one side is a golden brown colour and has a crispy texture. If it is not yet crispy, let it fry just a little bit longer. Watch for the same signs on the other side of the chicken piece.
- Get a shallow bowl and place a few sheets of disposable kitchen towel in the bowl.
- Then remove the chicken pieces from the frying pan and place them in the shallow bowl. The cooking oil will drip from the pieces leaving them less oily and more delicious as well as crispy.