There are many of us all over the world that use and consume sunflower oil on a daily basis. During the day you will either have a lunch or dinner where cooking oil has been used. For example, for lunch you may have chosen a hamburger with fries where your hamburger was cooked in oil and your fries were deep fried in frying oil. Or for dinner you may go home and roast a chicken in the oven where you would use sunflower oil in the baking tray before placing the chicken on it. So if we are consuming it on such a regular basis, can it be good for us?
In this article, I want to explore the benefits of sunflower oil.
- 100% pure sunflower oil contains antioxidants that enhance the life of the oil. It is a safe ingredient that is beneficial to keeping it fresh for a longer period whilst not doing any harm to us.
- Zero Cholesterol. Choose a pure sunflower oil to benefit from this. Only a cooking oil that is pure will contain no bad cholesterol. It is usually high in polyunsaturated fats and low in saturated fats. This doesn’t mean that you should add loads of oil to your meals. Use good judgement and use only the correct amount that you require.
- Quality Control. Check the credentials of the sunflower oil manufacturer who is supplying the oil that you intend to buy. Reputable manufacturers will ensure that their product undergoes a strict quality control process to ensure that the oil is guaranteed to be 100% pure and safe for consumption. Such types of cooking oil also have endorsements of its purity and health standards.
- Variety of Uses. This oil is such a versatile ingredient that it can be used for a variety of purposes such as cooking, frying, roasting, baking and in salads. That means that you could cook curry or a stew, roast a chicken or vegetables, fry samosas or French fries, bake cake or bread and even drizzle some over salads or make a salad dressing.
- Low Cost. Sunflower oil is available all year round and there is sufficient supply to meet the demand; in addition to its low cost of bulk production. These factors contribute to its low cost so that it is easily affordable for most people.
There are quite a number of benefits for sunflower oil that you perhaps didn’t realise before. By using it responsibly and choosing a pure cooking oil, you will find that it can benefit you and your family.