Golden Fry is a Canola Oil supplier and supplies to the trade only. Contact us for more information on how to become a trader. Our team will supply you with a quotation based on your requirements.
Canola Oil is a vegetable oil derived from the canola plant. Canola Oil is generally considered a “healthy” oil because it is very low in saturated fat. It has a neutral flavour, is high in Omega-3 fatty acids and has a high smoke point. This makes it a popular cooking oil which can be used for sauteing, stir-frying, baking, grilling and deep-frying different types of food products from chicken and meat to vegetables and an assortment of cakes.
Canola Oil Contains:
- Significant level of polyunsaturated Omega 3
- Significant amounts of phytosterols that reduce the absorption of cholesterol into the body.
Appearance: Clear, Brilliant Yellow
Taste and Odour: Bland, free from foreign odours & flavours
Frying Test: No objectionable smell or odour when heated to 180 degrees Celsius
Storage and Shelf Life
Canola Oil has a standard shelf life of 12 to 24 months and typically keeps quality when stored in the proper conditions. Once a bottle of Canola Oil is opened, the shelf life decreases to between 6 to 12 months due to the exposure to air. This is subject to storage conditions as well.
- α-linolenic acid (omega-3): 12%
- Oleic acids: 65%
- Saturated fatty acids: 7%
- Trans fat regulation: 1,8 g
- Total Fat: 153%
- Saturated fat: 40%
Typical Nutritional Values
Average Nutrient Values – Per 100ml
- Energy (kj): 3319 Kj
- Protein (g): <0.50g
- Glycaemic Carbohydrate (g): <2g
- of which total sugar <1g
- Total fat (g) of which: 89.7g
- saturated fat (g) 7g
- Trans fat (g): 0gPolyunsaturated fat (g): 26.2 g
- Of which Omega-3 fatty acids (mg): 9331 mg
- Of which Omega-6 fatty acids (mg): 16875 mg
- Of which Alpha-linolenic acid mg: 9331 mg
- Monounsaturated fat (g): 56.5 g
- Cholesterol (mg): <3 mg
- Dietary Fibre (g): 1g
- Total Sodium (mg): <1 mg